Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas!!!

I love the Christmas time of year! On Saturday, Jon and Gabe went and found our Christmas Tree, unfortunately I wasn't able to go- but they had tons of fun! I've been spending Saturdays at my Grangma's house helping her with meals and whatever she needs! Here is the tree that they picked out! Check back later to see the final decorated thing!

Jon was excited to get the tree in the house, so he brought it in on Monday after the snow had started! So yeah, there are towels under it catching the melting snow. We have it stuffed next to our fireplace, but I love the smell of real trees and how they look decorated!
Here is Gabe making his "kissing" face! He is seems to get excited for Christmas things! I love this face- it has taken me months to get a picture this good- he always looks away- but this morning I got a good one!
Tonight we have our first neighborhood Night of Giving. We are all getting together to support a local charity instead of giving neighbor gifts. We take the money that we would have spent on gifts and donate it to the charity. This year Toys for Tots was chosen so we can bring an unwrapped toy to donate instead! I like this idea and hope that it will go over well!

6 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

Fresh x-mas tree smell...mmmmm!
Looks like yout family is more than ready for Santa;)

The Anderson's said...

I MISS the smell of a REAL tree! The scentsy smell just doesn't seem to last that long, I thought that would hold me over. I might have to just come to your house to get a whiff.. haha..
Gabe is so friggin' handsome! His sister is going to have to invite her friends over when he's not home! See you tonight!

Holli Slack said...

I am proud that you guys go out and get a real tree. We always had real trees growin up. But I am not a fan of putting the lights on so I bought a pre-lit tree one year from Michael's that was on clearence. I have had it for about 3 years, and it sure makes putting the tree up lots easier. I still hate all the work to put it up and then a few weeks later you have to take it all down. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kate and Cole said...

Oh my word. Gabe is so beautiful. He's so cute he could be a girl. That's a compliment beleive me! I wish I had his eye lashes. Have you ever noticed the boys are the ones with the good lashes?

Micah and Melinda said...

Oh sister I am glad you like our card! My secret was that I headed to Walmart on line done loaded a pic selected a card and for a mere 0.33 cents I got pic-card and envelope (i spent more on stamps!) I hope you are feeling good, I was pregs at x-mas last year and I was sick as a dog... by easter i was fat as a wooly mammoth! hahaha... can't wait to see your lil angel!

Jordan said...

Mech, he is so adorable. I hope that you guys have a great christmas.