Monday, November 17, 2008

How Time Flies!

I seriously can't believe how fast time is going by! Halloween was just here and Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I love this time of year- I wait for it all year long, but now it just seems to be knocking at the door and I am not even dressed yet! I am starting to get anxious for everything with the baby! I guess it is because I don't feel quite prepared! My sweet husband has been such a huge help to me lately! He has helped out so much around the home and now he is getting started on the basement! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, ambitious husband! He is such a hard worker and when he gets an idea he just goes for it! I can't wait to see the bed and dresser that he is making for Gabe! I keep going through all of the stuff that we have bought or been given lately for the baby, over and over again just to make sure that I really have it! My husband thinks I am crazy! (I probably am a little!) He keeps telling me to be patient and whatever we need we can get when the baby comes! That just isn't going to fly with me- I need to be prepared before she comes!
We all have colds right now! It seriously stinks being pregnant and sick! Luckily I think that we are on the mend! I did clean extra well this last weekend in hopes of getting some of my anxiety out of the way and also to rid our house of germs!
I got my first "you're huge" comment two weeks ago! Great for your self image! j/k She is the only person to have said that and then she followed up with, "oh, just wait, you are just coming to the time when you get the biggest!" So I have that to look forward too! I almost booted her right out of my front door- but instead I just smiled and thought- if I ever see you again, while you are pregnant, I know just what to say around the 3 month mark! j/k I really wouldn't do that- but I would definitely laugh at the idea! Turn the other cheek, maybe that one isn't so puffy! j/k Seriously I am still just so grateful for the opportunity to pregnant- I was really afraid that I might never get to experience this miracle! And now that it has happened I feel truly blessed!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG That lady seriously need to think before she speaks...THat is the worst thing to say to a prego lady! HAHA And to make you feel better I actually got asked that a lot and it made me so frustrated!! So I feel you there...I noticed your thing on your side that said you were Esme I took that quiz thingy once too and it told me I was Esme as well. I cam so excited to see that movie this weekend!! WOOHOO I wish I lived in Utah so I could go with all my gurly friends.

Jared and Jessica said...

don't you love the stupid comments people say to you when you are pregnant? seriously, think of comebacks to make people feel stupid, like "oh, and when is your baby due? you are starting to show? oh you aren't pregnant? my bad" i just like making people feel dumb :) i am so excited for you guys!!!

The Anderson's said...

Did she really say you're huge?!! Hope you told her you have been working long and hard on that baby belly!
I can't believe Jon is making furniture for Gabe, you are lucky! AND doing your basement! Lucky, lucky, lucky!!!

Holli Slack said...

I think that is so neat that Jon is making Gabe's bedroom furniture....and working on the basement. How lucky are you???? I think that is great that he is being such a big help.
About that RUDE lady, don't let her in your house if she ever comes over again. j/k!!! It is such a blessing for you and Jon and I am so excited for you. It is so funny how things work sometimes. Just think a year ago there was no kids and now you are going to have TWO!!! I think that is awesome. I am so HAPPY for the two of you!!!! Don't let those comments get you down....you look GREAT!!!!

Lindsay said...

Wow, why would someone think it is a good idea to tell a pregnant girl something like that? Yikes. I'm so glad that you have this blog, it's been great to see how things are going!

Mindy said...

I'm glad you feel like time is going by fast. I'm finally starting to feel like that too. You sound like you're already more prepared than I am, way to go. Oh, and I got a, "Whoa! You look even bigger than you did just two days ago," comment the other day. I don't think people think about what their saying before they speak sometimes. I definitely feel all your excitment and joy with these precious miracles on the way. I'm excited to see you Sat!

Nathaniel and Julie Clinger said...

I think tha tyou look great. We are anxious to see this little one as well. If there is anything we can do to help you get more prepared, let us know. Love ya tons!

April said...

Oh poohpooh on that lady! For someone who is running after horses sounds like you are doing fine to me! Heck after 3 months I could not even see my toes with Sophia! Can't wait to see your sweet family. We haven't even met Gabe yet..This makes me really sad..Go Jon for doing this for his family I am sure it makes him feel proud to be a dad and able to do good for his family. Miss you guys and we are comin this summer hell or high water!!haha

April said...

Oh I forgot..In response (even though it was not directed to me) I JUST had to gloat! I get to go see Twilight Thursday night at midnight! WHOOOO HOOO!

Micah and Melinda said...

Oh I am so bummed about christmas, but I totally understand!

Unknown said...

Gotta love those comments! I agree with you-it sucks watching your whole body change and get huge, but what a blessing to be able to have your child growing inside of you!

Dave said...

Okay so maybe you don't remember me but I am Liz's sister. I had no idea you were pregnant Congrats! I am so happy for you.