Wow! I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted anything! Things have been super crazy lately! School has kept me way busy this spring, precalc, geoscience, and a geoscience lab. Its been way too much fun! My mom is nearing the end of her chemo (we hope!) I tried dating, which was super scary and I might try again soon! (Serisously- it's scary out there!) I just got out of the hospital with pancreatitis, shelby has had a bout of pnuemonia, and gabe just started some serious speech therapy. Like I said we have been busy! Shelby just pooped on the potty tonight for the first time too! Yay!
I went to a Timeout for Women last fall with a really good friend, and it was amazing. (Thanks again for taking me to that!)I bought this book there that is called "A Mother's Book of Secrets". I love it! One of the things talked about was having a family motto. I really like this idea and have been racking my brain trying to find one that suits our family. I finally found it! Part of it did not come from me, but was on the bottom of an email, and part of it I changed a little. So here is the brand spankin' new Clinger Family Motto:
live simply, speak kindly, care deeply, love generously, serve often
I am so excited about this! I don't know what it is, but I feel it is important for our little family! I think if I did these things a lot more, the spirit would be in our home more, and its presence would be felt stronger. Another thing mentioned in this book was a repentance bench. They had one in their home and they used it when their kids would get in a fight, both of them would have to sit on the bench and think about their role in the fight, and then they would apologize. I like the idea of having them think about what they did, instead of what the other person had done. When my kids get a little older, I might implement that too! Too often I think we try to blame the other person instead of taking responsibility for our own actions- we see it all over society these days. It's kinda crazy out there! I am hoping that I can do my part to make our lives a little better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Okay, what a BAD friend I am! I am so sorry that you were in the hospital and I never call to check on you so I would have never known. I hope that everything is alright. Is there anything that I can do for you? Mech, I really am so sorry!!! :( I think about you often, but I never pick up the phone to call and check on you. It is no excuse, but life has been so crazy and I constantly have a list of things to do running through my head and it always seems to grow. I cross one thing off and add about 5 to it.
Your motto is PERFECT!!! I love it! You already live by all of those things. Like I have told you many times, you are such a great inspiration to me and others around you. I so glad to have you as a friend...even though I am such a bad one!
Love you and I PROMISE I am going to do a better job at keeping in touch.
Hey,
I hope you are feeling better. Busy life is a good life if you are able to take time out to enjoy the simple things like pondering a motto for your family. I love it. I try to generate a motto for our family or more for me every year as well. Take care!!
I love your new motto. I covers a lot of things that are all important. Good idea, I may need to see that book. Love you hang in there and I am glad that you are feeling better. XOXOXOXO
I love the new family motto! That should be all of our family's mottos I think. I'm proud of you the job you do. I love you!
Post a Comment