Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here's Shelby!

We finally got our computer back up and running last night and I could hardly wait to post some pics of our little sweetie! Shelby Mae Clinger was born on March 4th, 2009, at 8:53 in the morning, weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20 inches long!





Here she was right after her arrival- she was a screamer!
It's crazy to look at her now- her little face was so swollen!
Picture outfit and blanket!
Her first bath at home- I couldn't get the bow out of her hair until Tuesday of this week!
I love this picture of her- she always has to have her arms out and up when she sleeps! What a cutie!
As far as the labor and everything- when we got to the hospital on Tuesday night- it was like 9:00 pm before we were admitted and ready to go- I was still at a 1, but was contacting on my own which was good. They gave me a pill to help things soften and dilate and then about 11:30 pm my doc came in and checked me. I was at a 2 and was having good strong contractions from the pill- so they broke my water. I had an epidural about 1:00 am and then they started pitocin at about 3:30 am. Every time they came to check me I was moving along more and more and then about 7:00 am I asked the nurse if it was normal to be having a lot of pressure and she said no, that means the baby is coming! She checked me and I was almost a complete 10. So I had to wait until another nurse could be in there with me because another lady was in labor also. The nurse had me push with 4 contractions and then she told me to wait for the doc. When the doc got there, I pushed with 3 contractions and she was out! It all went much faster then we had planned- crazy! Anyways- we are all doing good- we have all been fighting viral pneumonia for the last 2 weeks but we have managed to keep baby healthy! There ya go- sorry for the delay-

26 comments:

Micah and Melinda said...

It is about time.... she is a lil angel! We are so happy for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I mispelled some words, and decided rewrite my comment : )
Shelby is adorable!! I hope we can make it up this summer to see you guys. I'd love to meet my new niece.
Sounds like labor went great.
I love that you have the penelope pottery barn sheet. Do you have the whole set? You'll have to take a photo of her crib. So cute!!

Jamie Lynn said...

Congrats she is gorgeous!!

Ashley said...

Yeah!! She is adorable. and congrats!!!! I am glad your labor was smooth going.

Daina Romney said...

Mechelle, she is so cute! I am glad things went well for you and that your little girl is finally here! Congratulations!

Amy Jo said...

Congratulations Mechelle!! I am so happy that you had a great labor!! Shelby is so precious!! I can't wait to hold her!! How fun!!!

Amy Jo said...

Congratulations Mechelle!! I am so happy that you had a great labor!! Shelby is so precious!! I can't wait to hold her!! How fun!!!

Amy Jo said...

I don't know why it posted twice! wierd!!

April said...

She is ADORABLE!! Shelby and her big cousin have a shared birthday! Sophia is March 4th too...I am seriously going to have to check on that time thing! Sounds close to Sophia coming into the world.Enjoy your time with her blows by soo fast! Can't wait to see her this summer.

Nathaniel and Julie Clinger said...

So beautiful & adorable! Congrats! We are so glad that the delivery went well and that you have managed to keep her healthy and strong with all the bug going around. We are thinking of you all often and hope all continues to go well for you all. Love ya tons!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! I'm so happy for you and Jon.

Jared and Jessica said...

So cute! Congrats!!! Aren't epidurals great?!

Unknown said...

she is so freakin cute! I can't wait to come and see you guys again when all my kids are feeling better!

Holli Slack said...

Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you guys.....I think that I tell you that every single time, but I am!!!! So is so adorable. I love those pictures of her sleeping. I can't wait to see her tomorrow! I am glad that everything went well. I can't believe that she is here, I have been checking your blog everyday to see if you have posted anything about her. Then I get on today and there she is! Again, Congratulations!!!!!

The Anderson's said...

She is beautiful and perfect... Congrats!

Kate and Cole said...

Yay! she is so sweet. I am so happy for you! About how you said that she sleeps with her arms out, my mom always tells me that my great grandma would say that means they are happy and healthy. I think it's true. She is where she wants to be! Have fun with her, time goes by too fast! I love the name shelby.

Malia said...

CONGRATS! There is nothing more precious than having a child to love! I hope the best for her and for all of you!

Clingers said...

CONGARULATIONS SHE IS THE CUTEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!!! SAY HI TO BABY SHELBY FOR ME!!!

Cam

Jen Hanson said...

Congrats! She is adorable. Girls are so fun.

Mindy said...

She's a doll, Mech. So glad I got to come visit and hold that precious little thing. Hope you're getting some rest.

the Tonioli's said...

Congrats!! She is absolutely beautiful. I am so incredibly happy for you. Good luck with everything.

Cameron and Shannon said...

Congrats Mech! I am so glad everything went smoothly for you! She is a beautiful baby girl!

Lisa Kearl said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful! I'm glad you posted some pictures of her. I'm so happy for you.

Nick and Terryn said...

Congratulations! Your little girl is adorable!

Justesen's said...

I don't know what to add to the other comments of course she looks perfect, hope all is well with your little family.Get some sleep when you can!